Job description The technical and logistical planning of deliveries to shipyards and/or other clients to ensure these deliveries are completed on time and accurately.
The Logistics department is responsible for organising, planning, controlling and implementation of the international flow of goods from engineering and procurement, through suppliers and distribution to worldwide production locations and customers. The logistics department is responsible for logistics for the Product Group and for Services. This department is headed by the Logistics Manager and consists of the Material Coordination, Central Warehouse and Transportation Coordination departments. The Department of Material Coordination (Business Office) is responsible for defining/composing material packages that are supplied to global production sites. The Central Warehouse is responsible for consolidating this material packages, as well as packages for Services. Transportation Coordination is responsible for handling all shipments to global production locations and customers.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Checking, correcting, and completing technical drawings.
- Monitoring the progress of material deliveries in line with the planning schedule to national and international shipyards;
- Gathering and analysing technical information for the shipyards;
- Answering enquiries from shipyards, project managers, central engineering, purchasing, central warehousing, etc., on a range of subjects (e.g. unclear issues, progress, expected delivery date, unexpected events, etc.).
- Intermediate vocational qualification (MBO) in Mechanical Engineering or Naval Architecture;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a production environment;
- Experience with technical work preparation, scheduling, and logistics;
- An enthusiastic worker with attention to detail and an ability to set priorities.