The position of HSE-Q Coordinator focuses amongst other things on the implementation and supervision of internal and external audits. The HSE-Q coordinator reports and follows up on the findings of the audits to make sure improvements are carried out effectively. You will report to the QA&E Manager.
The HSEQ department, in close consultation with the directors and management, develops the HSEQ policy for the organisation, and implements and monitors the relevant processes within the organisation in relation to health and safety, quality (quality management), and the environment (HSEQ). The formal responsibility for the implementation of the policy extends throughout the entire organisation. The HSEQ department therefore plays an advisory, informative, supportive, and monitoring role within the organisation. The department is responsible for the effectiveness of the various management systems and for facilitating the process of continuous improvement within the organisation. The area of responsibility of the HSEQ department covers both the Gorinchem location and the external construction locations that fall within the chain responsibility of Damen Shipyards Gorinchem.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The HSE-Q Coordinator is amongst other things responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintenance and improvement of management systems;
- Updating and amendment of handbooks, procedures, regulations, instructions, etc., in collaboration with the process owners;
- Assessment of quality documents and identifying any shortcomings at department level or interdepartment level;
- The identification of environmental aspects and effects, classifying such, and formulating possible improvements in relation to such;
- Motivating management and employees to focus on quality;
- Assisting with the organisation and supervision of internal and external audits and quality controls;
- The analysis of data and identifying improvement possibilities in order to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of processes;
- Advising and supporting the relevant departments;
- Initiating, coordinating, and implementing projects in the field of quality and environment.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree;
- 2-3 years' experience in a similar position;
- Experience of process-centred working methods;
- Lead auditor's training;
- Knowledge of management systems and associated standards;
- Good verball and written command of both Dutch and English;
- Attention to detail, quality conscious, problem-solving abilities, persuasive, good communication skills, and effective planning and organisation capabilities;
- A background in Safety Engineering is a plus.