Damen Shipyards Galati has a wide range of products, but every vessel is designed according to the highest quality standards. It is our main objective to supply our customers with products that transcend their requirements and expectations as well as the applicable requirements of Classification Societies.
DAMEN SHIPYARDS GALATI POLICY REFERRING TO QUALITY ASSURANCE
Damen Shipyards Galati is member of DAMEN GROUP, Romanian shipbuilding company. The main objective of Damen Shipyards Galati is to build ships that satisfy the client requirements and classification society specifications as well as requirements within the building budget, delivery time and agreed quality standards.
The management and the entire personnel commits themselves to achieve the main objective of Damen Shipyards Galati and to improve continuously effectiveness of Quality Management System.
In order to achieve the main objective, the management will act for the good organization and management of financial, material and human resources needed to implement and improve the Quality Management System, based on the following principles:
- Quality Management represents the first responsability of management personnel of the yard with regard to quality;
- The activities should be carried in full accordance with Integrated Management System Manual and the requirements from applicable procedures to each activity;
- Awareness and involvement of personnel to achieve quality objectives;
- Decision are taken at every level only on the basis on data and facts;
- Monitoring of subcontractors and suppliers, guidance and support to improve their performance in the field of quality;
The Management of Damen Shipyards Galaţi will provide resources needed to maintaining and to improve continuously effectiveness of the quality management system, entrusting full authority and responsibility Management Representative.
DAMEN SHIPYARDS GALATI POLICY REGARDING ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY
Damen Shipyards Galati is member of DAMEN GROUP, shipbuilding company in Romania. As part of the group policy and the continued development of the organization, the focus on health, safety & environment is a priority. For such purpose, Damen Shipyards Galati undertakes to provide a healthy environment both for own employees and for the internal community, by defining the actions indicated below:
- Acknowledging and observing the legal requirements and/or other requirements regarding environment, health and occupational safety;
- Identifying all risks and environmental aspects related to the activities performed at each workplace, assessing the risks prior to any modification of processes, technologies, equipment, etc.;
- Establishing efficient actions for applying the regulations specific to all workplaces, in the field of environment and occupational health and safety;
- Preventing and reducing the risks of professional illnesses, working accidents, pollution and environmental impact;
- Increasing awareness of own personnel and of those working on behalf of the organization, as well as improving communication, in order to provide an active participation to the accomplishment of goals and of the environment, occupational health and safety management programme;
- Consulting the employees with regard to aspects related to the occupational health and safety or working environment;
- The continuous performance improvement shall provide all personnel with a healthy working environment under safe conditions.
The goals of this policy are included in the management programme and their analysis shall contribute to the improvement of environment, occupational health and safety performances.
To accomplish this policy, the top management of Damen Shipyards Galaţi declares their will and firm commitment to maintain and improve the environment, occupational health and safety management in accordance with the requirements of SR EN ISO 14001/2005 and SR OHSAS 18001/2008 standards.
The management of Damen Shipyards Galaţi undertakes to provide necessary resources to maintain and continuously improve the efficiency of the environment, occupational health and safety management, entrusting full authority and responsibility to the Management Representative.