Damen Shipyards Galati is one of the largest building yards of the Dutch Damen Group.
Damen Shipyards Galaţi has built up a diverse reference list of vessels at the top end of Damen’s product portfolio. Regular contracts for complex and high-specification vessels demonstrate that the Galaţi yard can compete with any northern European and Asian yards in building high quality vessels, efficiently and with fast delivery times.
Damen Shipyards Galaţi has experience in building a broad range of vessels such as: naval patrol ships, platform supply vessels, logistic support vessels, Ro-Ro and other ferries, dredgers and barges, super-yachts, tugs, etc.
Damen Shipyards Galați has an Integrated Management System (Quality, Environment, Health and Safety at Work) established, documented, implemented and maintained in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, OH&SAS 18001:2008 and AQAP 2110:2016 standards.
The company’s main goal is to build vessels to the satisfaction of the clients and classification societies, in compliance with the terms and within the budgets.
Through the activities they carry out, the Quality Assurance personnel ensures that all processes necessary for building the vessels comply with the specifications and quality requirements as well as with the applicable legal requirements.
The activities carried out by the Quality Assurance Department are as follows:
- Relation with Classification Societies:
- LRQA (Lloyd's Register Quality Assurance), for ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, OH&SAS 18001:2008 standards;
- MApN (Ministry of National Defense), for AQAP 2110:2016.
- Internal audit of the Integrated Management System – Quality, Environment, HSE and AQAP 2110;
- Documentation for the Integrated Management System:
- compiling documents and revisions, releasing and archiving;
- Risk management:
- identification, review and resolve quality risks (as related to Damen Galati projects and integrated management system processes);
- Non-conformity product control;
- Assessment of Damen Galaţi contractors – contractors’ capability to work in shipbuilding field as per Damen requests.
WE DELIVER WHAT WE PROMISE!
QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT AND OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY 2020
DAMEN Galati Shipyard is member of the DAMEN Group, a group of shipbuilding companies and has established, documented, implemented and maintained an Integrated Management System: quality, environment and occupational health and safety according requirements of standards: ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, OH&SAS 18001:2008 and AQAP 2110:2016. The mission of the company is to build ships that meet all customer`s requirements and class rules.
The management and staff are committed to meet the objectives of DAMEN Shipyards Galati and to continuously improve the Integrated Management System effectiveness.
The management is committed to the following objectives:
- Awareness and involvement of staff in achieving quality, environmental and occupational health and safety goals.
- Risk management analysis on quality, environment and health and safety.
- Monitoring the subcontractors and suppliers in terms of guiding and support with the aim of improving the quality, environmental and health and safety performance.
- Carry out all activities in compliance with legal requirements and agreed commitments with stakeholders.
- Preventing and reducing the risk of injury or professional illness by identifying all hazards in the activities carried out on each job, performing risk assessment and continuous action to reduce them.
- Comply with the legal requirements and/ or other health and safety requirements, by continuous improvement of performance ensuring the staff a healthy working environment, in safe conditions.
- Awareness and involvement of staff in all aspects of security in work activities and processes.
- Protect the environment and prevent any pollution by continuously improve the Environmental Management System performance.
- Efficient use of materials, electricity, water and energy fluids.
- Selective waste collection and increased recycling.
- Continuous recording of environmental data and periodic reporting to environmental stakeholders.
- Inspection to be accepted from first time.