Oil Spill Response
Shallow Water Oil Recovery Catamaran for Sale
Shallow water oil recovery catamaran
This SWORC is designed to collect spilled oil before it reaches the shoreline, including areas of limited draft, inland and coastal waterways.
- Shallow water oil recovery catamaran (SWORC)
- 2012, only used for a couple demonstrations.
- 5.80 m
- 3.10 m when sailing, 2.20 m when stored
- 0.35 m
- 1.800 kgs max.
- 40 m³/hr
- Main engines
- 2x outboard engines, max. 160 bhp total
- Skimming speed
- 1 – 4 knots
- Transit speed
- 15 knots
- Lloyd’s Register
- Skimming operation
- The concept is a containerised, mobile solution which allows the operator to either; preposition, or rapidly relocate the unit for an immediate response to a marine accident. She employs a unique bagging system that allows the oil collected via a LAMOR® brush skimmer to be contained in a sealable bag, and dropped between the hulls of the vessel for subsequent collection by a support boat. This technique provides an uninterrupted skimming solution Scandinavia.
- Price range (€)
- 100.000 - 250.000