The eight Karel Doorman class frigates were built by Damen Naval and commissioned between 1991 and 1995. The class is also known as the Multi Purpose or M class. This class was the first introduction to the Royal Netherlands Navy of CODOG propulsion. The M class is able to operate in all the main warfare domains (surface, subsurface and anti-air warfare).
- Combat Data Systems
- CAMS/Force Vision Guardion CMS, Link 11/16/22, SATCOMS
- SSM, 8 Harpoon Block 1C; SAM, MK 48 16 cell VL, 16v RIM 7P Seasparrow
- Oto Melara 76mm/62, Signaal Goalkeper CIWS, 2 x 12.7 mmMGs, 2 x 7.62 MS
- 4 x 324 mm Mk32 Mod 9 twin tubes
- ESM/ECM Thales APX and 4x SRBOC Mk 36 IR/Chaff, SLQ Nixie towed torpedo decoy
- Smart S long-range 3D radar, LW08 long-range surveillance radar, SeaWatcher 100 active phased array surface detection and tracking radar (NLD and BE ships only), Thales Scout radar, STIR 1.8, GateKeeper Electro-optical 360° survaillance system (NLD and BE ships only)
- PHS-36 hull-mounted sonar, Anaconda DSBV 61 VLF passive tactical towed array sonar and ULTRA Electronics Multi-static Low Frequency Active Passive Sonar (NLD ships only)
- 1 x NH90
Let us help you to suit your needs
Our combatants flourish in specific jobs: anti air warfare, support of special forces, humanitarian aid.